Saturday 3 November 2012

Preliminary Task Flat Plans

Below are my preliminary task flat plan designs, which will guide me through the design process of creating my preliminary task (which involves creating a college magazine front cover and contents page based on the research I have carried out).
 This contents page is a flat plan design for my preliminary task front cover. I have followed conventional designs for a front cover, by including a main image, 3-4 sell lines, a main sell line, a subheading and extra images which coincide with the smaller sell lines, and of course the masthead at the top of the page. With these conventions in place, I believe this will be an effective cover in terms of the content, yet the layout may let it down, as it appears very linear and uninteresting.
For the contents page, I decided to follow the conventions again, including the masthead, the term 'contents page' at the top of the page, as well as 1-2 images and some text about certain articles. On the right of the page, I have traditionally included the table of contents which will give a detailed rundown about the upcoming contents of the magazine. In my opinion, this contents page is very effective, including the layout, however the lack of images may let it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment