Thursday 8 November 2012

Inspirational Music Videos

Here are three examples of music videos which feature music similar to that of which I will focus on in my magazine:

For this first one, I have picked the music video 'Read My Mind' by The Killers. This is a prime example of the type of music which I will feature in my magazine. The genre is alternative rock, one of the few sub-genres which my magazine will be centred around. The Killers are a very well known band and should they be featured in the magazine, could be a very crucial selling point.
For my second music video, I have picked the song Celestine by Spector. This song is an indie-rock song, a genre that is making a return in the charts and becoming gradually more popular. Because of this niche of magazines that are focused primarily on this increasingly popular genre, I believe that this will be a clear selling point for the magazine.
For my final music video, I have selected 'Little Talks' by 'Of Monsters and Men'. They are a relatively new band from Iceland who have just released their debut album, yet their first single 'Little Talks' became very well known amongst fans of the genre, and reached number 12 in the UK charts. This impressive achievement for a new band means that there is a selling point in reporting about the band. The style of this song is indie rock/indie folk, which is a genre also becoming increasingly popular because of bands like Mumford & Sons, making this type of sub-genre a compelling selling point too.

No comments:

Post a Comment